Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ba

Default increase the value of a cell by a percentage

How do i increase the value of a cell by a percentage and keep it in the
existing cell. I have a spreadsheet that has payment values in for customers.
I want to increase this amount by .08%. I have a mailmerge that creates
letters based on the amount in that cell that is why I need to keep it in the
same cell. thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete

In a blank cell enter 1.0008 (i.e. 0.08% increase) and click <copy

Then select the cell you want to apply this to and Edit | Paste Special
| Values (check) and Multiply (check) and click OK followed by <esc or
<enter

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sloth

In another cell input 1.0008.
Copy this cell and right click the cell you want to change.
Select Paste Special, and them select multiply.
Select Okay.