Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default About protection of Cells

I have a problem in the spreadsheet with few many data with conditional
formats.Each cell has different conditional format.When a cell is copied from
one to another the format is getting copied.How to protect the cells without
copying the conditional format?Is there any way to protect only the
conditional formatting of the cell but not the normal formatting?
--
Ruby

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

--
Ruby

"Stefi" wrote:

Try PasteSpecial/Values and/or PasteSpecial/Formulae instead of Paste!
Regards,
Stefi

Hi

Thanks for ur reply.If i am handling this worksheet,i can do this,but the
persons who are handling these worksheet is not that familiar in english or
excel.
To avoid them getting confused i am looking for a permanent solution.

Ruby ezt *rta:

I have a problem in the spreadsheet with few many data with conditional
formats.Each cell has different conditional format.When a cell is copied from
one to another the format is getting copied.How to protect the cells without
copying the conditional format?Is there any way to protect only the
conditional formatting of the cell but not the normal formatting?
--
Ruby

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You might write some simple macros for them assigned to hotkeys!
Stefi

Ruby ezt *rta:

--
Ruby

"Stefi" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Stefi,
Thanks for ur reply.Could u please tell me how to create macros with
conditional formatting.I tried to create one but i am unable to do it.

Thanks
--
Ruby

"Stefi" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Here is an example which copies the content of the active cell in cell of
same row, next column:

Sub testcopy()
ActiveCell.Copy
Cells(ActiveCell.Row, ActiveCell.Column + 1).Select
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
Application.CutCopyMode = False
End Sub

Insert it in a normal module and assign a hotkey to it (ToolsMacroMacros
or Directly Alt-F8)Options (maybe the buttons name is different, I translate
it back from a national language version, it's the bottommost button on the
gialog box).

Please give more details on what to copy and where to copy, if you want a
more specific sub!

Regards,
Stefi

Ruby ezt *rta:

[...]