Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Formula to copy multiple cells onto another sheet

I have a worksheet containing names and address that are repeated onto other
sheets based on criteria in another column. What formula if any can I use to
determine if that person meets that certain criteria to automatically copy
the 3 columns that the name, phone, and address are located in to another
sheet?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

A little more info:
I have multiple worksheets and one master list containing 6 columns: First,
Last, Birthday,Phone, and Address, and class. In the class column is a
variety of class names. I would like to write a macro (I have never done
this before!) ,if possible, that will allow me to automatically search for
all of one particular kind of class and then copy columns first, last,
birthday, phone, and address to another sheet in the same workbook to creat a
seperate class list without having to copy and paste. I have 200 names that
need to be seperated out into 17 different class lists. Can anyone help??????

"cdcam" wrote:

I have a worksheet containing names and address that are repeated onto other
sheets based on criteria in another column. What formula if any can I use to
determine if that person meets that certain criteria to automatically copy
the 3 columns that the name, phone, and address are located in to another
sheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Autofiltering and copying the results may be an answer.

If you want it automated..........................

See Ron de Bruin's site for code to copy autofilter results to a new sheet.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"cdcam" wrote:

I have a worksheet containing names and address that are repeated onto other
sheets based on criteria in another column. What formula if any can I use to
determine if that person meets that certain criteria to automatically copy
the 3 columns that the name, phone, and address are located in to another
sheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

An alternative formulas driven play is also available to serve your needs ..

Take away this sample construct from my archives:
http://www.savefile.com/files/430142
AutoCopy Lines to Resp Sht Non Array.xls
(Full details inside, nicely rendered. Easy to adapt ..)

Data is continuously entered in a master ("parent") sheet, with lines neatly
auto-copied to each individual ("child") sheet based on the values within a
key col.

In the sample, the key col in the master sheet is the "State" col, which may
contain eg: NY, CA, NV, SD, AZ, etc. All lines with "NY" in the key col will
be auto-copied to the sheet named: NY, and appear neatly bunched at the top,
w/o any intervening blank lines. Ditto for lines with "CA", "NV", etc which
will be copied into their respective sheets.

Propagation of the "child" sheet is as simple as making a copy of the
initial one, then renaming it accordingly as the next key col value. Eg just
formulate one child sheet for "NY", dress it up nicely, then just make copies
of the "NY" sheet, and rename these as: CA, NV, SD, etc.

In your case, the key col would be your "Class Names"
--
Max
Singapore