Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Pivot Table in Excel 2007

I have a column that has been formatted as an integer, no decimal. When I
create a pivot table this column shows up as currency format. Is there
something I should do BEFORE starting to create a pivot table??
OMEd

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Just format the Pivot Table.

Put your cursor in the pivot table field and click the Field Settings button
on the toolbar. Click the Format button...
--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"OldManEd" wrote:

I have a column that has been formatted as an integer, no decimal. When I
create a pivot table this column shows up as currency format. Is there
something I should do BEFORE starting to create a pivot table??
OMEd

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

That's a nuisance. Are you confirming there's a bug? Why does Excel change a
perfectly good format?
Omen

"ShaneDevenshire" wrote in
message ...

"OldManEd" wrote:

I have a column that has been formatted as an integer, no decimal. When I
create a pivot table this column shows up as currency format. Is there
something I should do BEFORE starting to create a pivot table??
OMEd

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

As to this being a bug, I can't say. I don't know what microsoft's thoughts
were on this topic when they programmed it the way they did. Certainly one
could make a case for having this feature work differently. I not at home
right now so I can't test 2007 to see if it's changed.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire