Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 - Pivot Table

Hello All:

I am using Excel 2007. I have a worksheet with two columns of data. I
need to compare the data between the two columns to find out which
ones are missing. I cannot get this to work right in Excel 2007 using
the PivotTable button. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Reb Reb is offline

One basic way to compare your data would be to set up a formula using the IF
Function in conjunction with the COUNTIF Function. Example:
A C D
Col 1 Data Col 2 Data No Match
1 1
2 2
3 3
4 4
7 5 7

The formula: =IF(COUNTIF(Col2Data, A2)=0, A2, " ") is propagated in Column D
using fill handle. Col2Data is the Range Name given to Column C.

"Anna_Stephanie" wrote:

Hello All:

I am using Excel 2007. I have a worksheet with two columns of data. I
need to compare the data between the two columns to find out which
ones are missing. I cannot get this to work right in Excel 2007 using
the PivotTable button. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Another way is as follows: Suppose your lists are A1:A10 and B1:B10. You can
use the following formula to get valyes common to the two lists:
IF(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$10, B1)0, B1, " ")
Replace B1 and $A$1:$A$10 with the first cells in the columns that contain
the date that you want to extract. Note that this is an array formula and it
can be first entered by using Ctrl+Shift +Enter instead of simply pressing
Enter. The formula can be later edited the same way. Ciao!