Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Consolidate mutiple names in Column

Hi, I have a column that has mutliple names in it like shown in the example
below.

M Arque
J Amati
J Amati
M Arque
T Edwards
J Hall
J Hall
M Desai
M Desai

Is it possible to consolidate the name in another column to count the names
as one entry?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thanks, that did help, but one remaining question. Now that I have
consolidated the duplicate names, can I assume the other remaining non
duplicated names moved to the new column also? I have over 4K names, so I
wanted to make sure the non-duplicate names were added also.

"Greg" wrote:

Hi, I have a column that has mutliple names in it like shown in the example
below.

M Arque
J Amati
J Amati
M Arque
T Edwards
J Hall
J Hall
M Desai
M Desai

Is it possible to consolidate the name in another column to count the names
as one entry?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Yes, if you apply the filter correctly it will "extract" one copy of each
name and
just remove all the duplicates

Peo Sjoblom