Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default CUMULATIVE leaving 0

I would like to calculate a cumulative of:

A1 = 3.2
B1 = 9.5
C1 = 6.9

I want D1 to be the result of the cumulative of A1, B1 and C1 only if they
have a value different than 0. I want to be able to have a cumulative even
though one of them has 0 as value.

Any Help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Alimbilo

If I understand you right, all you need to do in a empty cell type
=SUM(A1:C1) change range to your needs, and if a cell has a zero or nothing,
it won't change the total.
Regards
Cimjet

"Alimbilo" wrote in message
I would like to calculate a cumulative of:

A1 = 3.2
B1 = 9.5
C1 = 6.9

I want D1 to be the result of the cumulative of A1, B1 and C1 only if they
have a value different than 0. I want to be able to have a cumulative even
though one of them has 0 as value.

Any Help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

This is the change I just posted.

I forgot to tell you that between them there is othe fields so it should be:

A1 = 3.2
F1 = 9.5
N1 = 6.9
R1 = cumulative of A1,F1 and N1 (giving a value even when one of them has 0
as value)

Thanks

"Alimbilo" wrote in message
I would like to calculate a cumulative of:

A1 = 3.2
B1 = 9.5
C1 = 6.9

I want D1 to be the result of the cumulative of A1, B1 and C1 only if they
have a value different than 0. I want to be able to have a cumulative even
though one of them has 0 as value.

Any Help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

=SUM(A1,F1,N1)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Alimbilo" wrote in message
I would like to calculate a cumulative of:

A1 = 3.2
B1 = 9.5
C1 = 6.9

I want D1 to be the result of the cumulative of A1, B1 and C1 only if they
have a value different than 0. I want to be able to have a cumulative even
though one of them has 0 as value.

Any Help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I am not adding value. It's not a A+B+C+....
I am doing a cumulative sum which code is =Sum(A*B*C*...)
If I have a 0, the all operation will be Null. And that what I am trying to
avoid.

"Alimbilo" wrote in message
I would like to calculate a cumulative of:

A1 = 3.2
B1 = 9.5
C1 = 6.9

I want D1 to be the result of the cumulative of A1, B1 and C1 only if they
have a value different than 0. I want to be able to have a cumulative even
though one of them has 0 as value.

Any Help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

one solution
=if(a1=0,1,a1)*if(b1=0,1,b1)*if(c1=0,1,c1)
--
Wag more, bark less