Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default ADDING A NUMBER

how do i add a number to a range of cells? I need to add 11.27 to a number
of different cells each with a different number in them
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Put 11.27 in an empty cell, format it the same way as the numbers you want
to add to,
copy it, then select the numbers you want to add to and do editpaste
special and select add.

Peo Sjoblom

"Helpme" wrote in message
how do i add a number to a range of cells? I need to add 11.27 to a
number
of different cells each with a different number in them

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

"Helpme" wrote:
how do i add a number to a range of cells? I need to add 11.27 to a number
of different cells each with a different number in them

Enter in a cell: 11.27
Copy that cell

Hold down CTRL and click/select all the different cells
Right-click on the selection Paste special Check "Add" OK
That should do it all at one go

Clean up by clearing the cell with the "11.27" in it
--
Max
Singapore

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote in message
Put 11.27 in an empty cell, format it the same way as the numbers you want
to add to,
copy it, then select the numbers you want to add to and do editpaste
special and select add.

The only problem with that method is that there is no record of what's
happened....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Max" wrote in message
"Helpme" wrote:
how do i add a number to a range of cells? I need to add 11.27 to a
number
of different cells each with a different number in them

Enter in a cell: 11.27
Copy that cell

Hold down CTRL and click/select all the different cells
Right-click on the selection Paste special Check "Add" OK
That should do it all at one go

Clean up by clearing the cell with the "11.27" in it

No audit trail of the change. That's the problem with that method....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

Welcome