Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Adding number within a cell

How can I add numbers within a cell without entering the "equal sign" first?
I used to be able to do this. This is a problem in Excel 2007 and 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It sounds like you previously had Excel set up to behave like Lotus 1-2-3 :\

If that's what you really want....try this:
From the Excel 2003 Main Menu:
<tools<options<transition tab
Check: Transition formula entry

Does that help?

--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"Jon A" wrote in message
How can I add numbers within a cell without entering the "equal sign"
first?
I used to be able to do this. This is a problem in Excel 2007 and 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Toolsoptionstransition and select transition formula entry,
note that dates will be calculated as division

Peo Sjoblom

"Jon A" wrote in message
How can I add numbers within a cell without entering the "equal sign"
first?
I used to be able to do this. This is a problem in Excel 2007 and 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Just notice that a date like 2/4/2008 will be calculated

Peo Sjoblom

"Jon A" wrote in message
Simple, if you're brilliant!
Thank You!!!

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

It sounds like you previously had Excel set up to behave like Lotus 1-2-3
:\

If that's what you really want....try this:
From the Excel 2003 Main Menu: