Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Adding number to each cell in a column

How can I add the number "10" to each existing number in a column. More
specifically, I have 450 cells in a column that contain different ID
numbers. I need to add "10" to the beginning of each of these numbers
and any future ID numbers in the column. Is there a simple function to
achieve this?

--
mbradley222
mbradley222's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37846

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you want a number

=--(10&A1)

if text

=10&A1

replace A1 with the first cell and copy down/across etc

then to make it static copy and paste special as values

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
(Remove ^^ from email)

"mbradley222"
wrote in message

How can I add the number "10" to each existing number in a column. More
specifically, I have 450 cells in a column that contain different ID
numbers. I need to add "10" to the beginning of each of these numbers
and any future ID numbers in the column. Is there a simple function to
achieve this?

--
mbradley222
mbradley222's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=574034

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

mbradley222, one way, with Id numbers in column A in another column put
=10&A1, copy that column and paste special, valves, over the data in column

Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003