Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Error in Excel Sort

When I trying to sort my data in excel there is an error appearing like "the
operation requires the merged cells to be identically sized" and in detailed
it is showing that "This error only appears if you attempted to sort a range
of previously merged cells, but not all cells in the sort range were merged
or are not of the same size.
To avoid this behavior, unmerge all the merged cells in the range, or merge
all the cells in the range to be the same as the largest merged cell
grouping."

please help in this regard

Thanks