Old May 28th 08, 05:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default what is "fill handle". i don't see any fill handle in my excel

Thank u Sandy and Martin. Actually i tried this but i made a mistake while
implementing . Any way thank u ............ to both of u. I will be
glad if both of u can give ur personal e mail id's so that we can share many
things abt computers.
hoping u will...........
My e- mail id is
Regards.........
Neelakanta.

Old May 28th 08, 10:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Neelakanta,

Glad to hear you got it sorted out.

As for personal emails, you will get far greater help
from these newsgroups than any one person can offer.

Regards
Martin

Old May 28th 08, 02:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi, I'm trying to do the same type of thing only numbering in triplicate. Is
this possible using the fill series. It is adding an extra cell every 3rd
record. I need the database to read 1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,3 etc Can this be done?

Old May 28th 08, 04:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Enter a number 1 in your start cell - I used A4 but any cell will work for
the formula. Then in the cell below enter the formula:

=A4+1-(MOD(ROW()-ROW($A$4),3)<0)

Now highlight the range from A5 in my case to the end cell that you want
using one of the methods already mentioned in this thread and then select
Edit Fill down

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

news

Old May 28th 08, 04:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Another technique you can adapt to suit your needs,

Put 1 in A1
Highlight A1 to A3
Grab the fill handle and drag to A30
Tap F5
Click Special
Check Blanks and OK
Type =
Tap the up arrow
Then hit Ctrl+Enter

That technique comes courtesy of Debra Dalgleish at her
excellent Contextures site, see here for that and lots more.

http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html

HTH
Martin

"Sandy Mann" wrote in message
Enter a number 1 in your start cell - I used A4 but any cell will work for
the formula. Then in the cell below enter the formula:

=A4+1-(MOD(ROW()-ROW($A$4),3)<0)

Now highlight the range from A5 in my case to the end cell that you want
using one of the methods already mentioned in this thread and then select
Edit Fill down

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

news

Old May 29th 08, 02:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi! can anyone tell me the ans for the following questions in excel...........

Assume that there is a student table with the following attributes
Name, stu Id , marks,(Assume that there are 500 students or columns)

Q1. Student name starts with R
Q2. marks which are less than 80
Q3. Marks which are greater than 50
Q4. Student name which has E in their Name?..............

Old May 29th 08, 03:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Are these homework questions?

Q1, Q2 & Q3 can be done using Autofilter Custom

Q4 can be done using a Helper column & Autofilter

Old May 29th 08, 04:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

No Sandy these are not Assignment questions......... just wanted to
know.Thank u