Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Sandy Mann Sandy Mann is offline

Default what is "fill handle". i don't see any fill handle in my excel

Enter a number 1 in your start cell - I used A4 but any cell will work for
the formula. Then in the cell below enter the formula:

=A4+1-(MOD(ROW()-ROW($A$4),3)<0)

Now highlight the range from A5 in my case to the end cell that you want
using one of the methods already mentioned in this thread and then select
Edit Fill down

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"pberg" wrote in message
Hi, I'm trying to do the same type of thing only numbering in triplicate.
Is
this possible using the fill series. It is adding an extra cell every 3rd
record. I need the database to read 1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,3 etc Can this be
done?

"MartinW" wrote:

Hi Neelakanta,

Glad to hear you got it sorted out.

As for personal emails, you will get far greater help
from these newsgroups than any one person can offer.

Regards
Martin

"Neelakanta" wrote in message

Thank u Sandy and Martin. Actually i tried this but i made a mistake
while
implementing . Any way thank u ............ to both of u. I will
be
glad if both of u can give ur personal e mail id's so that we can share
many
things abt computers.
hoping u will...........
My e- mail id is