Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Abode

Default Fill Handle

I dont know when this happened or how this happened but when I use the fill
handle I typically want it to repeat the same numbers over and over again.
By default it will increment the numbers which is fine at times but I would
often click on that popup just after you fill the selection and tell it to
repeat the same numbers. For some reason that popup doesn't come up anymore
and I can't figure out how to get it back. Does anyone have any Ideas how I
can get it back? Thank you for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

I rightclick on the fill handle and drag down.

When I let go of the rightclick button, I can choose fill series or copy cells
(and more, too).

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Abode,

2 more options for you...

1) You should be able to get your Auto fill options pop-up back by going to
the Tools menu, selecting Options, Edit tab, and then selecting the Show
Paste Options buttons check box.

2) You can hold down the control key while dragging the fill handle to get a
straight copy instead of the series.