Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
dk dk is offline

Default Vlookup problem

We have a workbook which has name in column b we have another sheet with same
names but column 1 has id# we would like to have those codes whatever we
tried does not work no idea why
here is our codes we tried
=VLOOKUP(B1,[Book4.xlsx]Sheet1!$A$1:$C$890,1,TRUE)
when we drag sometimes we get "MemberID" in the cell which is data from cell
"a1" all other data is #N/A
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Read this VLOOKUP() tutorial:

Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"dk" wrote in message ...
| We have a workbook which has name in column b we have another sheet with same
| names but column 1 has id# we would like to have those codes whatever we
| tried does not work no idea why
| here is our codes we tried
| =VLOOKUP(B1,[Book4.xlsx]Sheet1!$A$1:$C$890,1,TRUE)
| when we drag sometimes we get "MemberID" in the cell which is data from cell
| "a1" all other data is #N/A

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
dk dk is offline

We think we found the error problem there are extrange characters in the
workbook how can we remove those

"Niek Otten" wrote:

Read this VLOOKUP() tutorial:

Kind regards,