Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Names of workbooks - want relative, with no Full Path

One thing that drives me crazy is that I want to work on files at
home, but when I bring them from the office to home and work on them,
when I get back to the office, the full path names of the sheets I've
worked on are saved.

For example, if I have a workbook Houston.xls, and I refer to cells in
the another file called Scorecard.xls, all references are to the full
paths, and I have to spend time deleting all the full pathnames that
were valid at home to the full path at work (on a server naturally, so
the path names are really long.

This is in Excel '97 (ancient I know, but the company I work for won't
upgrade since our foreign offices won't upgrade due to the cost).

I'm not talking about hyperlinks, just cell references.

Thanks for any insight - this is a big timewaster :)

George
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I'm not sure if this is the problem, but check this.

Tools - Options - General - Web Options - Files - Deselect update links
on save.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt