Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Using Custom Views

Complete Excel noob here -

If I've defined a custom view in one workbook, how can I apply it to
another. It is not shown in the list.

What I want to do:

I have a workbook with columnar data similar to a check register. I have set
up the formatting for display and print formatting, including headers &
footers. This data is for a specific client but I want to save that
formatting, both visual and print so that I can create new workbooks for
other clients and apply the same formatting. I thought that by saving the
custom view it would work but it is not seen outside of the workbook in
which I created it.

It's probably obvious but I just can't see the solution.

I was reading up on Styles & Templates but that doesn't seem to include the
print formatting or have I misread the help?

Thanx,

Vic Baron

--
There are 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who
don't

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Open a new workbook.

Format as you wish for display and for print setup, including headers/footers.

Build Custom Views if you like at this point.

Wheh happy with your formatting.........................

FileSave AsFile TypeMS Excel Template(*.xlt)

Give it a name and Save to a location you like.

Open using FileNew...TemplatesOn my Computer

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP