Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Formatting question

excel noob - more familiar with 123.

I have a db program which exports data in xls format. This I import into
excel and massage as necessary. It's basic columnar accounting data -
date/check#/payee/reason/amount. I need to print this data in a specific
format a 5 line header, a footer with page# and the data in columns as
described. I know how to do all this BUT

is there a way to save the *layout* - fonts, margins, etc so that each time
I import the data for a new client I can have it format automatically?

Thanx!

Vic Baron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Once you have the data formatted the way you want it to appear, go to
ViewCustom Views and give your view a name. Then when you import the
data, go to Custom Views and select the name you created. The data
should get formatted the way you had it earlier.

HTH,
JP