Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Where can I find how to use Excel 2007 to grade tests?

I would like to set up Excel worksheets that correlate to tests I give my
students. Each question would have a statement that would be given for a
correct answer and a statement given for an incorrect answer. Once he
worksheet was built all I would have to do is input the student's answers.
For every correct answer Excel would supply the corresponding statement, and
do the same for any incorrect answer given. Right now I am hand-building the
report for each test given to each student and it simply takes too long.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Dale,

Your description of what you want to do is a bit sketchy, but you could do something like this...

In column A, starting in row 2, enter the statements for correct answers. In column B, starting in
row 2, enter the statements for incorrect answers. In cells in column C, enter C for Correct, I for
incorrect, and in cell D2, enter this formula:

=IF(C2="C",A2,B2)

and copy down.

Then set D1 to Dwhatever as your report print area, formatted, etc, and enter the C and I values
(you could skip the I if you wanted) into column C, then print the report for each student. You
could include other cells with information like the test title, date, student name, etc.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP