Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default "function" vs. "worksheet function"

I've bashed around with Excel before, but now I'm having to dig into
the Help (on the web). The terms "function" and "worksheet function"
are pervasive. Are they basically synonyms? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Function" is more general -- it can refer to a worksheet function, or
a VBA-based user defined function (UDF).

HTH,
JP

On Mar 20, 4:30*pm, Paul wrote:
I've bashed around with Excel before, but now I'm having to dig into
the Help (on the web). *The terms "function" and "worksheet function"
are pervasive. *Are they basically synonyms? *Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Indeed it does help. Thanks!

On Mar 20, 4:30*pm, Paul wrote:

I've bashed around with Excel before, but now I'm having to dig into
the Help (on the web). *The terms "function" and "worksheet function"
are pervasive. *Are they basically synonyms? *Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"WorksheetFunction" is also a term used with/in VBA code.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

On Mar 20, 7:21*pm, "Jim Cone" wrote:
"WorksheetFunction" is also a term used with/in VBA code.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USAhttp://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware
(Excel Add-ins / Excel Programming)

The need for VBA is starting to nip at my heels. Thanks.