-   -   "function" vs. "worksheet function" (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/180843-function-vs-worksheet-function.html)

Paul

"function" vs. "worksheet function"

I've bashed around with Excel before, but now I'm having to dig into
the Help (on the web). The terms "function" and "worksheet function"
are pervasive. Are they basically synonyms? Thanks.

JP[_4_]

"function" vs. "worksheet function"

"Function" is more general -- it can refer to a worksheet function, or
a VBA-based user defined function (UDF).

HTH,
JP

On Mar 20, 4:30*pm, Paul wrote:
I've bashed around with Excel before, but now I'm having to dig into
the Help (on the web). *The terms "function" and "worksheet function"
are pervasive. *Are they basically synonyms? *Thanks.

Paul

"function" vs. "worksheet function"

Indeed it does help. Thanks!

On Mar 20, 4:30*pm, Paul wrote:

I've bashed around with Excel before, but now I'm having to dig into
the Help (on the web). *The terms "function" and "worksheet function"
are pervasive. *Are they basically synonyms? *Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

Jim Cone

"function" vs. "worksheet function"

"WorksheetFunction" is also a term used with/in VBA code.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

Paul

On Mar 20, 7:21*pm, "Jim Cone" wrote:
"WorksheetFunction" is also a term used with/in VBA code.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USAhttp://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware
(Excel Add-ins / Excel Programming)

The need for VBA is starting to nip at my heels. Thanks.

Bob Phillips

"function" vs. "worksheet function"

A function does not have to be a UDF, it is just a procedure that (can)
return a result.

--
---
HTH

Bob

On Mar 20, 4:30 pm, Paul wrote:
I've bashed around with Excel before, but now I'm having to dig into
the Help (on the web). The terms "function" and "worksheet function"
are pervasive. Are they basically synonyms? Thanks.

JP[_4_]

"function" vs. "worksheet function"

Noted. Thanks Bob!

--JP