Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default I need to convert a date and a time from PST to EST, how can I do

I've tried subtracting the hours, but it keeps subtracting from the date.
I've tried subtracting just from the time and that doesn't work either.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Any chance you could share your formulas?
What you have and what you've tried (that didn't work)

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"KTharle" wrote in message
I've tried subtracting the hours, but it keeps subtracting from the date.
I've tried subtracting just from the time and that doesn't work either.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default I need to convert a date and a time from PST to EST, how can I

I am new to excel still, so I've only tried "=C3-5,0,0" using the cell C3 as
the date and time and also as just the time.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Try this:
=C3-TIME(3,,)

or...this:
=C3-3/24

To Excel "hours" are decimal fractions of a day:
Noon = 0.5.....12/24
6 AM = 0.25....6/24

Does that help?

Regards,