Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
KRK KRK is offline

Default table size, too many columns

Hello,

I have a worksheet (excel 2007) which has 14 columns. For reasons I do not
understand there seem to be several hundred extra empty columns to the right
of my data. Whenever I try to print, the program wants to print far too many
pages. What have I done ?

Thanks

KK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi

Select column 15Control+Shift+right arrow to select out to the end of the
sheetright clickDelete.
Save the file
Press Control+End and see where that takes you.

If it is taking you way beyond your last row, then repeat procedure above,
by selecting the row after your last used rowControl+Shift+Down arrowRight
clickDeleteSave

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"KRK" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a worksheet (excel 2007) which has 14 columns. For reasons I do not
understand there seem to be several hundred extra empty columns to the
right of my data. Whenever I try to print, the program wants to print far
too many pages. What have I done ?

Thanks

KK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi KK,
You could just set the print area to contain only your data. (Select
your data range, File menu, Print Area, Set Print Area)
One possible reason for your problem is that there is a rogue entry in
a cell which is a long way away from your data. If the columns to the
right of your data are supposed to be blank, select hundreds of them,
then right click, Delete. This will get rid of unwanted data.
Dave.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
KRK KRK is offline

Default table size, too many columns - Thanks

Roger, this worked nicely, thanks