Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default A column sorting question..

I have 5 columns with rows that go to inifinity. I would like to sort the
first column which is a LAST NAME A column alphabetically. If I do this, I
also need to have rows B C D and E follow that sort. Is this possible?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Terri
Highlight all columns A to E go to menu - Data-Sort select just the first
one, if you have a Header in A!-B1 etc you can select in that menu " Have
Header". You don't wont to sort the Headers. If the resolt is not what you
expect you can "Undo Sort"
Regards
Cimjet
"Terri" wrote in message
I have 5 columns with rows that go to inifinity. I would like to sort the
first column which is a LAST NAME A column alphabetically. If I do this, I
also need to have rows B C D and E follow that sort. Is this possible?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

ME Again
In the sort menu, the first window you select sort by " Column A " second
and third window don't touch.
Regards
Cimjet