Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
sid sid is offline

Default Drop Down Lists

I am trying to compare Region, Person, Year growth rate for a three year span
in 19 different categories in two different colums. In my Excel Spreadsheet I
am using Drop Down Validation list, (Region 1 2007 vs Region 1 2008,etc.) in
two different columns, with the rate (percentage of growth) in a column
between them. The problem is what formula or combination of formulas do I use
to get different years when changed to reference the same cell? Example: 2006
vs 2007 answer in one cell, then if I switch 2005 vs 2007 I want the answer
to appear in same cell because the categoires in the cloumns (Template Sheet)
are static. I am not sure if this would be an "IF" statement of a VB
operator. So far I can get only one formula to appear in the cell I want.
Does this make sense?
--
Sid
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Sid

If your data is laid out in a suitable form, you could use a Pivot Table
Select your data rangeDataPivot TableFinish
On the new sheet that appears with the PT skeleton
Drag Region to Row area, followed by Person to the Row area
Drag Year to the Column area
Drag Year Growth to the Data area.

For more help on Pivot Tables take a look at
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
and scroll down to Pivot Tables
or look at the video tutorials at
http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/ExcelMain.htm

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Sid" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
sid sid is offline

Hi Roger,
Thank you very much for the help, I'll give that a try.
--
Sid