Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Formula to compare 2 cells

I need a formula to compare 2 cells. I want the result of the highest value
cell to show up in the cell with the formula. Either cell can be the highest
value cell at any given time.

For example, cell BK27 has a value of 25
Cell BK43 has a value of 29
I want cell BK22 (which has the formula) to show the value of BK43 (29) in it.

However, if cell BK27 were to change to 40, I would want the value of 40 to
show in BK22.

Does that make sense?
--
Thanx,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

The MAX function will return the largest number in a range. So, in BK22, use
the formula

=MAX(BK30:BK40)

Change the BK30:BK40 reference to the appropriate range reference.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"lvn-xl" wrote in message
I need a formula to compare 2 cells. I want the result of the highest value
cell to show up in the cell with the formula. Either cell can be the
highest
value cell at any given time.

For example, cell BK27 has a value of 25
Cell BK43 has a value of 29
I want cell BK22 (which has the formula) to show the value of BK43 (29) in
it.

However, if cell BK27 were to change to 40, I would want the value of 40
show in BK22.

Does that make sense?
--
Thanx,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thank you so much, Sandy. Your If statement worked perfectly. You are
awesome!!!
--
Thanx,

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

=MAX(BK27,BK22)

you may want to add an If() to stop 0 showning for no values in the cells:

=IF(COUNT(BK27,KB22),MAX(BK27,BK22),"")

--
HTH

Sandy