Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
De De is offline

Default insert row at each change of surname in excel

I have a list of 650 entries using 40 surnames - sometimes only appearing
once, others 7 times. At every change in surname, I would need to insert a
row. Thanks
--
De
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

something like this
sub insertrows()
for i=cells(rows.count,"a").end(xlup).row to 2 step -1
if cells(i-1,"a")<cells(i,"a") then rows(i).insert
next i
end sub
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"De" wrote in message
I have a list of 650 entries using 40 surnames - sometimes only appearing
once, others 7 times. At every change in surname, I would need to insert
row. Thanks
--
De

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
CLR CLR is offline

Why do you want to do this? It will mess things up for sorting if you should
ever want to do that. Maybe just consider making the rowheight larger, if
it's just for display purposes......that will still sort, and is easily
correctable.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3