Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Lost/help not finding the correct terminology questions for help

I am building a simple work book My first row where my titles need to be are
2 rows tall to enter my data. Typing always starts at the bottom left hand
corner I want typing to start at top left corner so I can enter my 2 rows of
data??
2nd question: My wk. book is 6 colums, 36 rows. I enter text in 5 colums
and a number figure in colum F, example 10.5 question.. as I enter these
number figures dailey I would like them to automatically add the running
the total in cell 36 F is this possible??
--
Microsoft Office 2003 Version

Thank-you
Carl R

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Carl,

Q1 Setting a row to double height won't on its own give you 2 line of text.
Do it like this instead. Start typing your title and whenever you want you
second line to start tap Alt+Enter to get the second row. You won't see your
text on 2 rows until you exit the cell.

Q2 to get your column F to add up enter
=Sum(F1:F35)
in F36

Mike

"Carl R" wrote:

I am building a simple work book My first row where my titles need to be are
2 rows tall to enter my data. Typing always starts at the bottom left hand
corner I want typing to start at top left corner so I can enter my 2 rows of
data??
2nd question: My wk. book is 6 colums, 36 rows. I enter text in 5 colums
and a number figure in colum F, example 10.5 question.. as I enter these
number figures dailey I would like them to automatically add the running
the total in cell 36 F is this possible??
--
Microsoft Office 2003 Version

Thank-you
Carl R

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Carl

1. Use one row for your titles and format the row to Autofit and cells to
Wrap Text.

Also, to add a linefeed into a cell type "this is line one" then Alt + Enter to
insert the linefeed. then type "this is line two" and Enter out.

You can also set the alignment of a cell to "Top" rather than "Bottom" so's the
typing starts at top left corner.

2. In E37 enter the formula =SUM(E1:E36)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP