Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Please help with finding correct functions!!!

I am trying to configure Excel to balance my checkbook. Column A is Trans.
Type, Column B is Date, Column C is Description of Trans., Column D is
Debits, Column E lists if items are posted, Column F is Debits and Column G
is Balance. I'm trying to get Column D (debits) to subtract from Column G
(balance) and get a new balance (new column? H?) and get Column F (credits)
to add to Column G (balance to get a new balance (again, new column? H?).
I am not computer illiterate and I should be able to figure this out by
myself. But I've been working on finding the right functions (linest,
subtotal, etc.) and the way to phrase the functions to get what I want.
Please help me, I am so frustrated I want to through the computer out the
window!
Thanks so much!
Heidi
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

divahammer wrote:
I am trying to configure Excel to balance my checkbook. Column A is Trans.
Type, Column B is Date, Column C is Description of Trans., Column D is
Debits, Column E lists if items are posted, Column F is Debits and Column G
is Balance. I'm trying to get Column D (debits) to subtract from Column G
(balance) and get a new balance (new column? H?) and get Column F (credits)
to add to Column G (balance to get a new balance (again, new column? H?).
I am not computer illiterate and I should be able to figure this out by
myself. But I've been working on finding the right functions (linest,
subtotal, etc.) and the way to phrase the functions to get what I want.
Please help me, I am so frustrated I want to through the computer out the
window!
Thanks so much!
Heidi

Unless you just want the practice why not just download a template
from MS
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...CT011815531033

Watch for line wrap.

gls858
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I'd rather use a program that will add and subtract trans for me. Sometimes
I goof with my math and it takes me so much time to go over it to find my
error. Thanks anyway!

"gls858" wrote:

divahammer wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"gls858" wrote:

divahammer wrote:
[...]

That's exactly what it does. Did you even look at it?

gls858
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"gls858" wrote:

divahammer wrote:
[...]

Another option would be to find an older copy of Quicken. I bought
an older version for $5 on ebay. I just use the check register so
it work fine for me. Also makes reconciliation really easy.

gls858