Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Cell format - put hyphen where zero value would be.

I am working on an expenses spreadsheet, and I have the category of expenses
in column A. In the cells that would carry the numerical values, how do I
format the cell to show a hyphen where a value would eventually be,
indicating that the present value in the cell is zero?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
CLR CLR is offline

Maybe this.......
Format for Custom, then
_(* #,##0_);_(* (#,##0);_(* "-"_);_(@_)

or

_($* #,##0_);_($* (#,##0);_($* "-"_);_(@_)

The cell must have a zero in it for the hyphen to show up.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"sheana" wrote:

I am working on an expenses spreadsheet, and I have the category of expenses
in column A. In the cells that would carry the numerical values, how do I
format the cell to show a hyphen where a value would eventually be,
indicating that the present value in the cell is zero?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

FormatCellsNumberAccounting

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP