Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default auto lookup query

can any one guide me through the process of creating a autolook query (in
simple definitive terms) for use on my input form. I have two tables named
posnow and vendors with the same fields: supplier, contact, telephone and
fax. The main table for design of my form is posnow. I want all boxes on the
form to be updated when a suppliers name is chosen. Also I do not know what
type of boxes to use on the form when selecting the supplier, list or combo,
and should the rest of the boxes be text.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

VLOOKUP formulas will pull the data to appropriate cells.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for more on VLOOKUP and Data
Validation lists for entering the choices.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html

Note the section on using DV lists from another worksheet by naming the list.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP