Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Negative and colour change

I currently have a worksheet totaling up an amount of points (I.E. john saw
10 people and his point for this are 5) this is done over several key points
and then totaled at the bottom of the row with a SUM. Now I need to add to
this sum the issue of a negative number until it reaches 160 points and it
needs to be red in colour and changing to blue after 160 point is reached.

Thank you ahead of time
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

I don't follow what you are doing but you can make a cell change color based
on its value by using Conditional Format. Select the cell you want colored
and choose Format, Conditional Formatting, from the second drop down choose
greater than and in the third box enter 160. Click the Format button and
pick a blue on the Font or Patterns tabs. Click OK twice. With the cell
selected use the Fill Color toolbar button to make the cell color red.

Now when the value in the cell is over 160 the color will change to blue,
when it is less than or equal to 160 it will be red.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire