Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default select the last cell in a long list

hello i'm stuck i need some help on selecting the last cell ( 1st blank one
available ) in a large list, there will be no gaps in the list at all. so far
using VBA i've been able to select and sort my list using CurrentRegion,
would like the curser to return to the end of the list so i can enter more
data as and when required.
i know i will be kicking my self as its bound to be something i'm overlooking.

any help would be appreciated

Regards DarkNight
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

To select the first empty cell use

Range("A1").End(xlDown).Offset(1, 0).Select

More reliably if there could be blanks use

Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Select

Mike

"DarkNight" wrote:

hello i'm stuck i need some help on selecting the last cell ( 1st blank one
available ) in a large list, there will be no gaps in the list at all. so far
using VBA i've been able to select and sort my list using CurrentRegion,
would like the curser to return to the end of the list so i can enter more
data as and when required.
i know i will be kicking my self as its bound to be something i'm overlooking.

any help would be appreciated

Regards DarkNight

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Sub findbottom()
ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, ActiveCell.Column).End(xlUp) _
.Offset(1, 0).Select
End Sub

Looks from the bottom up in the activecell column, anf ignores blank cells in
the column.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP