Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dire straits

Default select list by selecting a cell

I have created four lists. List A is the main type list and List B, C and D
are the sub-types. Is it possible that by selecting a value in List A in a
cell, I can call List B, C or D in another cell.
Please help...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

i!

Are you talking about data validation drop down lists?

If so, yes, you can do this.

Need more detail for a better solution but in general this is how you would
do it:

The main list would contain the names of all the other lists. The selection
made from that list would dictate which sublist is displayed in the other
cell.

See this:

http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html

Biff

"Dire straits" <Dire wrote in message
I have created four lists. List A is the main type list and List B, C and
are the sub-types. Is it possible that by selecting a value in List A in
cell, I can call List B, C or D in another cell.
Please help...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dire straits

Biff,
Thankyou. With the information that you provided made me complete the task
and create the "dependant lists".
Thank you very much.

"Biff" wrote:

i!

Are you talking about data validation drop down lists?

If so, yes, you can do this.

Need more detail for a better solution but in general this is how you would
do it:

The main list would contain the names of all the other lists. The selection
made from that list would dictate which sublist is displayed in the other
cell.

See this:

http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html

Biff

"Dire straits" <Dire wrote in message
I have created four lists. List A is the main type list and List B, C and
are the sub-types. Is it possible that by selecting a value in List A in
cell, I can call List B, C or D in another cell.
Please help...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

You're welcome. Thanks for the feedback! And thanks to Debra Dalgleish for
having a great site!!

Biff