Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Password protect

How do I password protect a shared excel book so that people have read only
access but so thta I can have write access?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

This should work.

1. In your shared workbook, hit F12 to bring up the 'Save As' dialog
box.
2. Click ToolsGeneral Options
3. Enter a password to modify the file.
4. Don't share the password.