Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old December 13th 07, 03:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Moh Moh is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Sep 2006
Posts: 58
Default password a worksheet

i have a worksheet in a workbook i need a password so no one can view it.
only the main user can view it by entering the password
it contain valuble information about the company

can someone help to create a password box from the main menu to open the
worksheet.

if the password id incorrect then it should take the user back to the main
menu.

Please help
--
please can you help... its urgent

  #2   Report Post  
Old December 13th 07, 03:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Jan 2007
Posts: 161
Default password a worksheet

"Moh" wrote in message
...
i have a worksheet in a workbook i need a password so no one can view it.
only the main user can view it by entering the password
it contain valuble information about the company

can someone help to create a password box from the main menu to open the
worksheet.


You can password-protect a workbook but not an individual workSHEET within
that workbook AFAIK....


  #3   Report Post  
Old December 13th 07, 04:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Moh Moh is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Sep 2006
Posts: 58
Default password a worksheet

Gordon ok say if i create a userform called userform4

i have a label1 "password"

textbox1 for the user to type the password in

Commandbutton1 is OK - if password is correct then take me to Banking Sheet
- if wrong password the Sorry please re-enter the correct password.

Commandbutton2 is Cancel - this should return to main menu

now how will all this work?
--
please can you help... its urgent


"Gordon" wrote:

"Moh" wrote in message
...
i have a worksheet in a workbook i need a password so no one can view it.
only the main user can view it by entering the password
it contain valuble information about the company

can someone help to create a password box from the main menu to open the
worksheet.


You can password-protect a workbook but not an individual workSHEET within
that workbook AFAIK....



  #4   Report Post  
Old December 13th 07, 04:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,722
Default password a worksheet

Although its possible to create something like that, it would not be secure,
as you would just be making a code to unhide a worksheet, which Excel does
not have a built in feature to password protect. I'd think the best you can
do is have your banking sheet in a seperate workbook, and password protect
that. You could do a hyperlink then from your first workbook to the "Banking
Sheet" (which is in a different, seperate workbook)

I'm also not sure how secure you are trying to get. I've heard Excel
passwords are not the strongest.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M


"Moh" wrote:

Gordon ok say if i create a userform called userform4

i have a label1 "password"

textbox1 for the user to type the password in

Commandbutton1 is OK - if password is correct then take me to Banking Sheet
- if wrong password the Sorry please re-enter the correct password.

Commandbutton2 is Cancel - this should return to main menu

now how will all this work?
--
please can you help... its urgent


"Gordon" wrote:

"Moh" wrote in message
...
i have a worksheet in a workbook i need a password so no one can view it.
only the main user can view it by entering the password
it contain valuble information about the company

can someone help to create a password box from the main menu to open the
worksheet.


You can password-protect a workbook but not an individual workSHEET within
that workbook AFAIK....



  #5   Report Post  
Old December 13th 07, 05:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Moh Moh is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Sep 2006
Posts: 58
Default password a worksheet

luke or anyone can you tell me how to use the userform4 with the password

i create a userform called userform4

i have a label1 "password"

textbox1 for the user to type the password in

Commandbutton1 is OK - if password is correct then take me to Banking Sheet
- if wrong password the Sorry please re-enter the correct password.

Commandbutton2 is Cancel - this should return to main menu


the end user isn't much of a wizkid to understand how to switch to the other
sheet.

Thank you
--
please can you help... its urgent


"Luke M" wrote:

Although its possible to create something like that, it would not be secure,
as you would just be making a code to unhide a worksheet, which Excel does
not have a built in feature to password protect. I'd think the best you can
do is have your banking sheet in a seperate workbook, and password protect
that. You could do a hyperlink then from your first workbook to the "Banking
Sheet" (which is in a different, seperate workbook)

I'm also not sure how secure you are trying to get. I've heard Excel
passwords are not the strongest.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M


"Moh" wrote:

Gordon ok say if i create a userform called userform4

i have a label1 "password"

textbox1 for the user to type the password in

Commandbutton1 is OK - if password is correct then take me to Banking Sheet
- if wrong password the Sorry please re-enter the correct password.

Commandbutton2 is Cancel - this should return to main menu

now how will all this work?
--
please can you help... its urgent


"Gordon" wrote:

"Moh" wrote in message
...
i have a worksheet in a workbook i need a password so no one can view it.
only the main user can view it by entering the password
it contain valuble information about the company

can someone help to create a password box from the main menu to open the
worksheet.


You can password-protect a workbook but not an individual workSHEET within
that workbook AFAIK....





Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how can i unprotect worksheet with no password? raf Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 May 21st 07 09:25 PM
Worksheet password Dr Alok Modi MD Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 6 May 15th 07 03:28 AM
I need to unprotect a worksheet but I don't have the password. FarrShadow Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 October 29th 06 03:02 AM
Protect a worksheet with a password colettey29 Excel Worksheet Functions 2 September 26th 06 05:51 PM
Can you password an Excel worksheet, if so how? Coga Excel Worksheet Functions 1 March 24th 05 11:14 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2020 ExcelBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Microsoft Excel"

 

Copyright © 2017