Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Recording what I have printed or faxed

I have a workbook set up for my company. I have to invoice my employer
for payment of services. All set up and works great. I would like to add
one more feature if possible. When I fax an invoice to my employer; is
it possible to have Excel record that automatically in the workbook in a
cell called "sent". Date sent would be nice to. I normally do not make a
hard copy of the invoice; but I do retrieve the invoice and send it via
the print command. It then will go to my HP All In One printer as a fax.

The reason I need this is because I have just purchased a new
Printer/Fax and it does NOT have a feature where you can view the faxes
that it sent. My previous fax had such a feature and I used it numerous
times; as sometimes there is a disagreement whether a particular fax has
been sent or not!

HP in all their wisdom suggested that I save all the invoices that I
send as a file in a folder for easy retrieval at a latter date. Problem
is; my Excel program does not save each individual invoice as a file. I
experimented with the print/fax option and used the "Print to File"
feature. It asked me for a file name; which I supplied; but it didn't
tell me where it was saving the file. I "Printed"; however; this feature
over rides the print to printer function 9 which I was hopping it would
do so I would also get a hard copy/fax )and just prints to file.
Couldn't find the file anywhere on my computer; as I did a search and
nothing was found.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You might try using a macro that contains the print command to print out the
sheet, then locates the cell pointer to the cell to contain the date.]\

CTRL+; inserts the current date as text
CTRL+SHIFT+; inserts the current time as text