Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Find text and copy elsewhere

Hello,

I would like to find all instances of a specific word in a column of approx.
1200 rows and copy them in either another row/sheet.
I tried the autofilter but it didn't seem to work.

Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

QPapillon wrote:
Hello,

I would like to find all instances of a specific word in a column of approx.
1200 rows and copy them in either another row/sheet.
I tried the autofilter but it didn't seem to work.

Any suggestions?

What do you mean didn't work? What were the result? Is the word a single
word in the cell or is it included in a string of text?

gls858
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Look in vba help index for FINDNEXT

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"QPapillon" wrote in message
Hello,

I would like to find all instances of a specific word in a column of
approx.
1200 rows and copy them in either another row/sheet.
I tried the autofilter but it didn't seem to work.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

It's a single word in a string of text, i.e. I want to search for all
instances of the word "upgrade" in a bunch of comments.

I tried auto-filter and it picked the first sentence with the word in it and
then it showed a whole bunch of other ones that didn't have the word...

"gls858" wrote:

QPapillon wrote:
Hello,

I would like to find all instances of a specific word in a column of approx.
1200 rows and copy them in either another row/sheet.
I tried the autofilter but it didn't seem to work.

Any suggestions?

What do you mean didn't work? What were the result? Is the word a single
word in the cell or is it included in a string of text?

gls858

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"gls858" wrote:

QPapillon wrote:
Hello,

I would like to find all instances of a specific word in a column of approx.
1200 rows and copy them in either another row/sheet.
I tried the autofilter but it didn't seem to work.

Any suggestions?

What do you mean didn't work? What were the result? Is the word a single
word in the cell or is it included in a string of text?

gls858

I that case auto filter will not work. Take a look at Don's suggestion.

gls858

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

How did you use Autofilter?
Click the Autofilter down-arrow select 'Custom' (third item down),
On the left, change 'Equals' to 'Contains'.
On the right, type "upgrade", click OK
Does this work?

George Gee