Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Excel sheets 1 2 3 so on

I am making forms and want to know how to import information from sheet 1 to
sheet 2 or 3 or so on.
Like sheet one in A1 FIRST NAME:
B1 MIDDLE NAME:
C1 LAST NAME:

NOW ON SHEET 2 TO GET IT TO SHOW SAY IN D4 FIRST NAME:
E4
MIDDLE NAME:
F4
LAST NAME:
WHAT FORMULA WOULD I USE TO GET THE INFORMATION FROM SHEET 1 TO SHEET 2 OR
SO ON.

Same as with a number or what ever.

Does that make since?

DO
Hendersonville TN.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

In D4 of Sheet2 enter =IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1)

Drag/copy across to F4

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 17:12:00 -0800, DanO wrote:

I am making forms and want to know how to import information from sheet 1 to
sheet 2 or 3 or so on.
Like sheet one in A1 FIRST NAME:
B1 MIDDLE NAME:
C1 LAST NAME:

NOW ON SHEET 2 TO GET IT TO SHOW SAY IN D4 FIRST NAME:
E4
MIDDLE NAME:
F4
LAST NAME:
WHAT FORMULA WOULD I USE TO GET THE INFORMATION FROM SHEET 1 TO SHEET 2 OR
SO ON.

Same as with a number or what ever.

Does that make since?

DO
Hendersonville TN.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

The easiest way to do this, so you don't have to remember details of
the syntax, is to select cell D4 in Sheet2 and type an equals sign (as
if you were going to enter a formula), then click the tab to select
Sheet1, click on cell A1, then press <Enter. This will take you back
to Sheet2. If you now click on D4 again and look in the formula bar,
you will see a formula like this:

=Sheet1!A1

You can repeat this method starting in cell E4, and clicking on B1 in
Sheet1, and similarly for F4. You will get these formulae:

E4: =Sheet1!B1
F4: =Sheet1!C1

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 28, 1:12 am, DanO wrote:
I am making forms and want to know how to import information from sheet 1 to
sheet 2 or 3 or so on.
Like sheet one in A1 FIRST NAME:
B1 MIDDLE NAME:
C1 LAST NAME:

NOW ON SHEET 2 TO GET IT TO SHOW SAY IN D4 FIRST NAME:
E4
MIDDLE NAME:
F4
LAST NAME:
WHAT FORMULA WOULD I USE TO GET THE INFORMATION FROM SHEET 1 TO SHEET 2 OR
SO ON.

Same as with a number or what ever.

Does that make since?

DO
Hendersonville TN.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thanks ....
--
DanO
Hendersonville,TN.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

In D4 of Sheet2 enter =IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1)

Drag/copy across to F4

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 17:12:00 -0800, DanO wrote:

I am making forms and want to know how to import information from sheet 1 to
sheet 2 or 3 or so on.
Like sheet one in A1 FIRST NAME:
B1 MIDDLE NAME:
C1 LAST NAME:

NOW ON SHEET 2 TO GET IT TO SHOW SAY IN D4 FIRST NAME:
E4
MIDDLE NAME:
F4
LAST NAME:
WHAT FORMULA WOULD I USE TO GET THE INFORMATION FROM SHEET 1 TO SHEET 2 OR
SO ON.

Same as with a number or what ever.

Does that make since?

DO
Hendersonville TN.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thanks,
That seems simple.
it works....
Again thanks
--
DanO
Hendersonville,TN.

On Nov 28, 1:12 am, DanO wrote:
I am making forms and want to know how to import information from sheet 1 to
sheet 2 or 3 or so on.
Like sheet one in A1 FIRST NAME:
B1 MIDDLE NAME:
C1 LAST NAME:

NOW ON SHEET 2 TO GET IT TO SHOW SAY IN D4 FIRST NAME:
E4
MIDDLE NAME:
F4
LAST NAME:
WHAT FORMULA WOULD I USE TO GET THE INFORMATION FROM SHEET 1 TO SHEET 2 OR
SO ON.

Same as with a number or what ever.

Does that make since?

DO
Hendersonville TN.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You're welcome Dan - thanks for feeding back.

Pete

On Nov 28, 1:55 am, DanO wrote:
Thanks,
That seems simple.
it works....
Again thanks
--
DanO
Hendersonville,TN.

On Nov 28, 1:12 am, DanO wrote:
I am making forms and want to know how to import information from sheet 1 to
sheet 2 or 3 or so on.
Like sheet one in A1 FIRST NAME:
B1 MIDDLE NAME:
C1 LAST NAME:

NOW ON SHEET 2 TO GET IT TO SHOW SAY IN D4 FIRST NAME:
E4
MIDDLE NAME:
F4
LAST NAME:
WHAT FORMULA WOULD I USE TO GET THE INFORMATION FROM SHEET 1 TO SHEET 2 OR
SO ON.

Same as with a number or what ever.

Does that make since?

DO