Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Required information in a cell

Hi

I'm not sure if this possible, but is there a way to format some cells
so that they have to have information put in them. I know it's
possible in Access, but when tabbing along a row I want to be able
have the cursor not move out of the cell until information has been
input

TIA
Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

One way. Modify to suit

If Target.Column = 3 Then
If Target.Offset(, -1) = "" Then
Target.Offset(, -1).Select
MsgBox "Pleae fill in"
Else
Target.Offset(, 1).Select

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Steve" wrote in message
Hi

I'm not sure if this possible, but is there a way to format some cells
so that they have to have information put in them. I know it's
possible in Access, but when tabbing along a row I want to be able
have the cursor not move out of the cell until information has been
input

TIA
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

On Nov 27, 7:54 am, Steve wrote:
Hi

I'm not sure if this possible, but is there a way to format some cells
so that they have to have information put in them. I know it's
possible in Access, but when tabbing along a row I want to be able
have the cursor not move out of the cell until information has been
input

TIA
Steve

Hi Steve,

From what I can tell Don's solution is the only way to enforce data to
be entered. There is Data Validation in excel, but it only enforces
data integrity of the cell and does not force data to be entered.

Joel
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

On 27 Nov, 16:33, "Don Guillett" wrote:
One way. Modify to suit

If Target.Column = 3 Then
If Target.Offset(, -1) = "" Then
Target.Offset(, -1).Select
MsgBox "Pleae fill in"
Else
Target.Offset(, 1).Select

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software
"Steve" wrote in message

Hi Don
Can you point me in the direction of maybe a tutorial on how to do
this, It's a bit over my head

TIA
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

A worksheet event needs to go in a worksheet module. Right click sheet
tabview codecopy/paste my codeplay with it to see what it is doing and
then add other if's. You didn't give a lot of detail in your original
request. What I said was if you made a change to a cell in col C and the
cell immediately to the left was blank, go back to the the blank cell and
fill in before proceeding. Else, proceed to the cell just to the right for
the next entry. Play with it.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel