Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default date in the form of yyyymmdd

other than entering 'yyyy-mm-dd' as date,
are there ways to enter dates "yyymmdd"

if I enter, for example, 20070101 and change the cell format to yyyymmdd
and the cell becomes lots of #.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Look he

http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.QDEDownload.html

or he

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"kang" wrote in message ...
| other than entering 'yyyy-mm-dd' as date,
| are there ways to enter dates "yyymmdd"
|
| if I enter, for example, 20070101 and change the cell format to yyyymmdd
| and the cell becomes lots of #.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

You can check various in build date formats in Excel in the following menu,
otherwise you can customize too.

Format- cells- caterogy-date.

Hope this will clear your doubt.

Regards,