Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Val Val is offline

Default excel

I am interested in learning to use excel. I currently have a Windows XP Home
edition version 2002 that only has Microsoft works. Wondering what excel
program I should purchase to be able to load it on my computer. I am
thinking of also getting a training program for the excel. Any help would be
appriciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Some things to consider.

Excel 2007 is brand new. It still has some "issues" that need to be ironed
out.
Excel 2003 has been around for several years and all known issues have been
pretty much taken care of.

Since it sounds like you haven't used Excel before so the learning curve for
either version should be equal.

To take advantage of all the features in Excel 2007 you need a pretty
"strong" machine.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Val" wrote in message
I am interested in learning to use excel. I currently have a Windows XP
edition version 2002 that only has Microsoft works. Wondering what excel
program I should purchase to be able to load it on my computer. I am
thinking of also getting a training program for the excel. Any help would
be
appriciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Val Val is offline

Thanks so much. So either version of Excel should work fine on my XP Home
eddition Version 2002 Service Pack 2? I have a Pentium 4, 1.69 GHz, 384 MB
Ram and plenty of space on the hard drive.

"Val" wrote in message
I am interested in learning to use excel. I currently have a Windows XP
edition version 2002 that only has Microsoft works. Wondering what excel
program I should purchase to be able to load it on my computer. I am
thinking of also getting a training program for the excel. Any help would
be
appriciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Here are the *minimum* system requirements for the various Office 2007
components:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/pr...668651033.aspx

Your system specs meet those requirements, but just barely (ram).

Here are the *minimum* system requirements for Excel 2003:

I don't want to try to influence you one way or the other but I still use
Excel 2002. There's not much of a difference from Excel 2002 to Excel 2003
but there is a huge difference from those versions compared to Excel 2007.
But, since you've not used either you will not know the difference.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP