Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default excel

Some things to consider.

Excel 2007 is brand new. It still has some "issues" that need to be ironed
out.
Excel 2003 has been around for several years and all known issues have been
pretty much taken care of.

Since it sounds like you haven't used Excel before so the learning curve for
either version should be equal.

To take advantage of all the features in Excel 2007 you need a pretty
"strong" machine.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Val" wrote in message
I am interested in learning to use excel. I currently have a Windows XP
edition version 2002 that only has Microsoft works. Wondering what excel
program I should purchase to be able to load it on my computer. I am
thinking of also getting a training program for the excel. Any help would
be
appriciated.