Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default distance calculations

I am trying to think of a formula that will give me the result that I would
like:
Example
Sheet 1
B1=sheet 2 B1 thru B25=sheet 2 B25
C1 equals Sheet 2 Cell B1 as the starting distance
D1 equals the distance from the last item to the starting point
E1 equals the overall distance
Sheet 2
A1-A25 raw data
B1-B25 converts raw data to feet

My problem is, how can I get it C1 to see whatever the last number in Sheet
2 column B as the distance from the last item back to the source? I was
wondering because its not always going to be 25 items.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

.. how can I get it C1 to see whatever the last number in Sheet
2 column B

One guess ... think you mean D1 rather than C1 ..

In Sheet1,

Try this in D1:
=INDEX(Sheet2!B$1:B$25,COUNTA(Sheet2!A$1:A$25))

Above uses Sheet2's col A as the raw data extent (ie last value in col). It
presumes there's no in-between blanks in Sheet2's col A, a reasonable interp?
going by your description.
--
Max
Singapore