Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Pulling raw data: TIME IS RUNNING OUT!

Can someone please tell me the clear procedure of pulling specific data that
meets a certain criteria from one worksheet to paste on another. It's a very
large document and it would require alot of sifting. I don't have much time.
Please help me. Also, once the data is pulled, I'll have to add a column with
information corresponding to the rows that I pulled. So information on how to
do that would be appreciated. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JMB JMB is offline

I would set up another field in your data called "Record" and number the
table 1 through whatever. When the data gets pulled or copied to another
sheet, include the record number and you'll have a cross reference between
the two tables.

If the conditions are not too complex, you might be able to use the
autofilter on your table (under Data/Filter/Autofilter - don't know where it
would be in XL07). Otherwise, perhaps use formulae in one or more empty
columns (helper columns)next to your data table to perform your conditional
tests (set the formulae up to return 1 or 0 or TRUE/FALSE) and use the
autofilter on these helper columns. Then copy/paste the filtered data to
your destination worksheet (including the record number). Then delete the
helper columns.

Sorry I can't assist w/ formulas or more details than this, but you did not
include any info about your data, how it is set up, or what your criteria
are. I'm getting ready to sign off for the evening- perhaps someone else
will assist if you have additional questions. Just be sure to add some
details - you'll get better responses.

"Determined07" wrote:

Can someone please tell me the clear procedure of pulling specific data that
meets a certain criteria from one worksheet to paste on another. It's a very
large document and it would require alot of sifting. I don't have much time.
Please help me. Also, once the data is pulled, I'll have to add a column with
information corresponding to the rows that I pulled. So information on how to
do that would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JMB JMB is offline

Ahh... I see some details in another post.

If you're looking for A, C, H, P, and Z in a particular cell (say B2), you
could put this in an adjacent empty cell
copy it down the length of your table and then filter on this column for
TRUE (if autofilter does not recognize where your table is at, you may need
to select/highlight your table before activating autofilter). Only those
records that TRUE will be left visible.

And you could set up additional columns for other tests and filter each of
those columns so that, when all of your filters are applied, all that is
visible is the info you need. Then copy/paste to another sheet (XL does not
copy rows hidden by the autofilter).