Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default IMPORTING A FORM

I have to fill out a payroll form each week for each contractor showing
gross, deductions, net, hours and wages for each one. I have a form in
formtoolv5 that I go in and edit. My quickbooks will download the payroll
information I need into excel, but is there a way I can import this form and
it would put things in the proper columns? I can not figure out how to do it
in excel. I am very new to excel and all I have managed to accomplish is a
headache. Any info would be helpful.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I'm not familiar with FormTool v5. Where can we find out some more about it?
Part of Quickbooks? Is that form placing the data into QuickBooks?

Can you describe the process you're going through now? That is
Step 1: enter data into form from FormTool
Step 2: do something magic with Quickbooks
Step 3: more magic with QB to move data to Excel?

That kind of thing?

You probably cannot import the form into Excel - probably not in a structure
or format that Excel uses for its own forms. But that's not an absolute -
someone else familiar with it may know of a way.

But if Quickbooks is always putting new data into a known location, it is
very likely that a macro could be created to then move the information into
other locations within the workbook.

If you want to explore this possibility further, feel free to contact me at
(remove spaces)
HelpFrom @ jlathamsite.com
be sure and reference this discussion and remind me in the email what your
situation is if you do.