Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default subtotals

Hello,
I have a list of dollar amounts corresponding with days in the months. I am
trying to create a subtotal for each month and not each day of the month.
When I do subtotal I get a subtotal for each day of the month. How do I get
a total just for the month?

Thanks,
Chris
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

try this for the month (if dates in col a) and data to sum in col b

=sumproduct((month(a2:a200)=3)*b2:b22)
to add another variable
=sumproduct((month(a2:a200)=3)*(b2:b22="joe")*c2:c 22)

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"kanstrup" wrote in message
Hello,
I have a list of dollar amounts corresponding with days in the months. I
am
trying to create a subtotal for each month and not each day of the month.
When I do subtotal I get a subtotal for each day of the month. How do I
get
a total just for the month?

Thanks,
Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

Typo:
=sumproduct((month(a2:a200)=3)*b2:b22)

Think it was meant as:
=SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(A2:A200)=3)*B2:B200)

Ranges have to be identically sized
--
Max
Singapore
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Alternative.

Add a column to get the month (=MONTH(A2) for instance), and subtotal by
that column.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"kanstrup" wrote in message
Hello,
I have a list of dollar amounts corresponding with days in the months. I
am
trying to create a subtotal for each month and not each day of the month.
When I do subtotal I get a subtotal for each day of the month. How do I
get
a total just for the month?

Thanks,
Chris