Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Original subtotals should not be within nested subtotals in excel

When working in excel using subtotals my original subtotals appear inside my
nested subtotals, but they should be a summary of the nested ones, not
included in the nested. Anyone help me with this? Is it a setting issue or
what?