Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Moving Data on opening Excel

Hi there- trying to create a spreadsheet to track drug prices for prescribing
use.

I am using 2 columns- one to be blank to enter the currents day's prices,
and another one to show the previous day's prices.

2 questions....

1) Is there any way to set something up so that when I start the program,
the data from the previous day's "current" column transfers itself to the
"previous" column to give me a clear colum to enter the new day's current
prices???

2) Is there a function or way of retaining the minimum value EVER reached
from these sets of values being entered

Basically i want to enter the prices every day, but achieve a column that
records the "best price" ever reached. I do not want to be building up the
price change data from each days prices, as the sheet will become massive
with some 150 drugs potentially changing price every day

Hope this makes sense