Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Two-Input table

Allowence $au 2500
Exchange rate 75%
Converted rate 1875

How do i do a two input table to calculate rates on a table
A B C D E
$1875 1000 1500 2000 2500
50%
55%
60%
70%
so it calcualtes the rates for me? i have fiddles around with a few
different ways but am getting no where fast.
Please Help and thanks in advanced...I am a new user so be sensitive
please....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

In A1: 2500, in B1: 75%, then in C1: =A1*B1
C1 is the base formula, A1 & B1 are the 2 variables

To set-up the 2 variable data table
Place in say, B3: =C1
(just a simple link pointing to the base formula cell)

List sample values for row inputs in C3:H3, eg: 1000, 1500, .. 3500
List sample values for col inputs in B4:B12, eg: 50%, 55%, .. 90%

Select B3:H12
Click Data Table
In the Table dialog, enter for
Row input: A1
Column input: B1
Click OK. That's it!. The data table's done ..
--
Max
Singapore
"Justina" wrote:
Allowence $au 2500
Exchange rate 75%
Converted rate 1875

How do i do a two input table to calculate rates on a table
A B C D E
$1875 1000 1500 2000 2500
50%
55%
60%
70%
so it calcualtes the rates for me? i have fiddles around with a few
different ways but am getting no where fast.
Please Help and thanks in advanced...I am a new user so be sensitive
please....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thanku kindly Max... I will give it ago tonight when children go to
bed...Have a look in tomorrow just incase i need your help...Once
again...many thanks

Justina

"Max" wrote:

In A1: 2500, in B1: 75%, then in C1: =A1*B1
C1 is the base formula, A1 & B1 are the 2 variables

To set-up the 2 variable data table
Place in say, B3: =C1
(just a simple link pointing to the base formula cell)

List sample values for row inputs in C3:H3, eg: 1000, 1500, .. 3500
List sample values for col inputs in B4:B12, eg: 50%, 55%, .. 90%

"Justina" wrote:
Allowence $au 2500
Exchange rate 75%
Converted rate 1875

How do i do a two input table to calculate rates on a table
A B C D E
$1875 1000 1500 2000 2500
50%
55%
60%
70%
so it calcualtes the rates for me? i have fiddles around with a few
different ways but am getting no where fast.
Please Help and thanks in advanced...I am a new user so be sensitive
please....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

welcome ..

here's a quick sample for your easy reference:
http://cjoint.com/?gEnQPmXn2E
justina_newusers.xls
--
"Justina" wrote:
Thanku kindly Max... I will give it ago tonight when children go to
bed...Have a look in tomorrow just incase i need your help...Once
again... many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Justina

In addition to what Max has given you, do ensure that in
ToolsoptionsCalculation you are set to Automatic, and not Automatic
except Tables
Otherwise you will have a frustrating time wondering why Max's file
works, and yours doesn't.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Max" wrote:

In A1: 2500, in B1: 75%, then in C1: =A1*B1
C1 is the base formula, A1 & B1 are the 2 variables

To set-up the 2 variable data table
Place in say, B3: =C1
(just a simple link pointing to the base formula cell)

List sample values for row inputs in C3:H3, eg: 1000, 1500, .. 3500
List sample values for col inputs in B4:B12, eg: 50%, 55%, .. 90%

"Justina" wrote:
Allowence $au 2500
Exchange rate 75%
Converted rate 1875

How do i do a two input table to calculate rates on a table
A B C D E
$1875 1000 1500 2000 2500
50%
55%
60%
70%
so it calcualtes the rates for me? i have fiddles around with a few
different ways but am getting no where fast.
Please Help and thanks in advanced...I am a new user so be
sensitive
please....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Ok iam still having difficulty working this one out. I have done all i am
suppose to but when i click ok after completing all tasks it give me the 1875
figure in every cell on my table...Eeeek, what am i doing wrong...this is
what was happening to be before i posted thread. I just cant seem to figure
it out...Please help...

"Max" wrote:

In A1: 2500, in B1: 75%, then in C1: =A1*B1
C1 is the base formula, A1 & B1 are the 2 variables

To set-up the 2 variable data table
Place in say, B3: =C1
(just a simple link pointing to the base formula cell)

List sample values for row inputs in C3:H3, eg: 1000, 1500, .. 3500
List sample values for col inputs in B4:B12, eg: 50%, 55%, .. 90%

"Justina" wrote:
Allowence $au 2500
Exchange rate 75%
Converted rate 1875

How do i do a two input table to calculate rates on a table
A B C D E
$1875 1000 1500 2000 2500
50%
55%
60%
70%
so it calcualtes the rates for me? i have fiddles around with a few
different ways but am getting no where fast.
Please Help and thanks in advanced...I am a new user so be
sensitive
please....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Max, yes i have copied the example axactly, the only problem i can see
with mine is cell B3 is reconising it as 1875 not =C1, i have added a coment
to both C1 & B3 but how do i link them? excuse my inexperience please

"Justina" wrote:
Ok iam still having difficulty working this one out. I have done all i am
suppose to but when i click ok after completing all tasks it give me the 1875
figure in every cell on my table...Eeeek, what am i doing wrong...this is
what was happening to be before i posted thread. I just cant seem to figure
it out...Please help...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Justina

I have been caught out before, with exactly what you describe. That's
why I said to check ToolsOptionsCalculation and ensure it is set to
Automatic.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Justina" wrote:
Ok iam still having difficulty working this one out. I have done
all i am
suppose to but when i click ok after completing all tasks it give
me the 1875
figure in every cell on my table...Eeeek, what am i doing
wrong...this is
what was happening to be before i posted thread. I just cant seem
to figure
it out...Please help...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

Perhaps try set it up again in a brand new sheet.
Click Insert Worksheet to insert a new sheet

Then click Tools Options Calculation tab
and ensure that Automatic is checked OK
(as Roger mentioned)

Ensure you have these 2 formulas
In C1: =A1*B1
In B3: =C1

The cell comments I placed for C1 & B3 in the sample was just for clarity.
--
"Justina" wrote:
Hi Max, yes i have copied the example axactly, the only problem i can see
with mine is cell B3 is reconising it as 1875 not =C1, i have added a coment
to both C1 & B3 but how do i link them? excuse my inexperience please

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

i have chkd on Automatic, not auto except tables option...how do i get cell
B3 to have the formula =C1??? This is where it is tripping me up when i click
on this cell it reads 1875 as per table but i know it needs the formula as
mentioed how to i insert the formula to this cell??? please just give me one
more try...

"Justina" wrote:
Hi Max, yes i have copied the example axactly, the only problem i can see
with mine is cell B3 is reconising it as 1875 not =C1, i have added a coment
to both C1 & B3 but how do i link them? excuse my inexperience please

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

Just enter the formula into B3.
Click on cell B3, type: =C1, press ENTER.
--
"Justina" wrote:
i have chkd on Automatic, not auto except tables option...how do i get cell
B3 to have the formula =C1??? This is where it is tripping me up when i click
on this cell it reads 1875 as per table but i know it needs the formula as
mentioed how to i insert the formula to this cell??? please just give me one
more try...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Yay!!! I got it....I was right i needed that formula in B3, worek it out with
your help guys, thankyou so very, very much...
PS, Max i have just signed up also.....